Plenty of medications and alternative treatments are available in the market for losing weight. But there is no guaranteed result for any of the product. Weight loss cannot be achieved without understanding one simple concept. You can reduce weight, only if the total calorie you spend each day exceeds with that of calories you eat. For that you should know how many calories you are eating every day.
In this article you can understand about the ways in which apple cider vinegar contributes for losing weight. Several research activities are conducted in supporting this theory. A study conducted in Japanese adults indicate that after taking 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar along with regular diet weight reduced by about 0.9lbs after a month. For understanding how this was possible, you need to know about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Burning Fat – Apple cider vinegar is effective in burning fat from the body and it was proved in a study conducted on obese adults. After drinking ACV for more than 3 months, it was observed their belly fat reduced along with their weight.
2. Boost Metabolism – If the rate of metabolism is slow for some reason, you may gain weight quickly due to excess of fat accumulation. Certain medications and fad diets can affect the metabolism resulting in increased weight. If you take ACV regularly it improves the metabolism automatically resulting in burning of fat.
3. Decrease Fat Storing Capacity – Consuming excess of fatty foods can result in accumulation of fat in several regions of the body like belly, thighs and breasts. Beta carotene is found in ACV can efficiently break down the fat molecules thus resulting in decreased fat storage. If taken regularly for 3 months, apple cider vinegar can reduce belly fat for sure.
4. Reduces Hunger Drive – Apple cider vinegar indirectly helps you in reducing weight by suppressing the hunger drive. You may feel full for extended time once you start taking apple cider vinegar. If you don’t feel like eating, you would not indulge in binge eating which gradually would help in weight loss.
Read more on Apple Health Benefits
5. Removes Toxins – Presence of toxic substances in the body is the major cause for many diseases and health issues. Toxic materials often get stored in the liver and intestine producing harmful effects. Apple cider vinegar helps in absorption of toxins which gets flushed out in the feces. ACV helps in detoxifying the body and balances the pH levels.
6. Controls Diabetes – Apple cider vinegar can help in checking the levels of blood glucose and prevents sudden spikes of sugar level in blood.
7. Quality Sleep – Add few drops of honey with apple cider vinegar and drink solution before going to bed. This serves as a good remedy for sleeping sickness.
8. Absorption Of Protein – Protein is the vital element for building of muscles and body growth. It also helps in improving the metabolic activities like digestion. Apple cider vinegar facilitates easy absorption of protein and triggers the metabolism even while you are resting. Once the protein molecules are fully absorbed you end up building body muscles stimulating weight loss.
9. Improves Digestion – Digestion is the process of absorption of nutrients in the body. If fat molecules are not fully digested and absorbed this may result in excess of fat storage causing belly fat. ACV helps in stimulating the process of digestion and thus all the essential nutrients are fully absorbed. By drinking ACV before food it stimulates digestion and fat absorption quickly.
10. Reduces Hypertension – Hypertension or blood pressure can develop if you are taking excess of sodium in your diet. Potassium can help in countering the effect of sodium ions in the blood. Apple is a rich source of potassium which is present in apple cider vinegar also. You can use this as a topping food in the place of salt. By taking ACV regularly blood pressure is gradually reduced by the increased potassium ions.
What Is The Right Time To Take ACV ?
Apple cider vinegar solution can be taken anytime, but drinking this before food time helps in reducing craving for food. If you wish to get maximum benefit of ACV then you can drink this half-an-hour before taking food. This would result in weight loss since you would not feel like eating more after drinking ACV. Pectin present in the apple helps in suppressing the appetite which holds good for apple cider vinegar.
Adding Taste :
If you do not like the taste of ACV then you may consider adding little honey with apple cider vinegar before drinking it. Alternatively you can add few drops of fresh lemon juice with ACV to reduce the appetite. You may add few pods of crushed garlic or cayenne pepper for getting improved results.
Read more on Diet For Healthy Weight Loss
How To Drink ACV ?
- You can always dilute apple cider vinegar before drinking by adding half a cup of water to it. Strong acids present in ACV can upset your stomach creating burning sensation.
- For some people acidity present in ACV can damage the enamel of your tooth. To avoid this you can just sip it through a straw.
- Always consult your doctor before taking ACV if you are suffering from chronic diseases like diabetes or blood pressure.
- Similarly people having gastrointestinal problems like ulcer or irritable bowel syndrome should avoid taking ACV.
- While taking apple cider vinegar drink plenty of water daily which helps in flushing off toxins from the body.
- Do regular exercises to improve metabolism.
- Avoid eating junk foods and fatty items.
- Consult a dietician and strictly follow the diet prescribed to reach positive weight loss target.
As A Substitute :
Apple cider vinegar can be added to salad dressings and soups to taste it wonderful. You can add this to pickles and even with daily milk.
One Last Word :
It is not enough if you start taking apple cider vinegar for weight loss. You have to remember one thing.
- Stick on to the calorie prescribed for you for reducing weight quickly.
- If you wish for overall weight loss then you need to follow a healthy diet plan, regular exercises and add apple cider vinegar to your diet each day.
- If you are feeling hungry, you can grab some raw vegetables and fruits instead of a packet of chips. Apple cider vinegar can help you in losing weight if you are determined to follow this rule.